Saturday 25 August 2018

Far far away!


Does beauty lie in the eyes of the beholder or was she actually that beautiful? 

I was with her all this while but never really saw her this way before. Eyes were not enough to capture all that beauty of hers. I was awestruck to see her smile from far far away. 

All geared up for my first skydive, I had butterflies in my stomach and had sleepless nights from two days before. I was prepping myself from days to get this lifetime experience. Whenever I saw people hanging out of the plane to jump off of it, I was like, why do I have to pay so much to have a dying experience. Little did I know that I would get to see this World in a whole new view.   

4am in the morning my alarm wakes me up to remind me of an amazing day ahead of me. With mixed feelings and lack of confidence, I got ready to leave. Motivated myself to check how to pose when I’m up in the air, with a sleepy eyes and a lot of dreams in it to experience the time of my life, I gathered my guts and started to the sky diving center.  

All the way along I was just seeing the skies and thinking to myself I will be there in a while with you buddy. Hold on, I’m not sure if I can do this but still I’m coming to you. Quarter to Seven I reach North London Skydiving center. Of course the excitement showed off  because I  was the first one to reach amongst 85 other crazy jumpers that day. 

Heart beats rose as the center opened at half seven. I know it’s not a great thing to be suggesting/doing but to be frank I did not read the T&C’s in the form which I signed which clearly stated the risk of life and I happened to read this only once I came back from my jump. The instructors made us do all the trainings and made us ready for the jump. 

Cut to— I was in make it or fake it stage and posed away with all smiles. All the safety checks were completed and my instructor asked our last wishes by the way he really did this to get some giggles for the camera but from inside I was terrified. 

Inside the flight, on the runway, with all the gears ready I sat there sheepishly praying for my poor life. Thanks to my instructor Chris who was super energetic and passed on his positivity by his stories of individual jumps and kept on saying that world looks incredible from up above. 

That moment was finally there which I was waiting for a long time now. At 15000 feet above the door of the flight opened, I took a glimpse of her from the corner of my eyes, she stood there beautifully beyond belief.  All of a sudden I was not scared at all, I was that one person who hanged out of the door up above the sky and jump it off with all smiles on my face. 

And then, I had this beautiful world under me! Far far away from all the problems. 

Live life to the fullest coz in the end, we only regret the chances we didn’t take. Your wings already exists, you just have to fly! 


Ranju... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.