Thursday 3 December 2020

Magical hands and silent prayers...


Finally you knocked on our doors and got a feastful welcome, Little did we know what our lives would forever become. 


We were lost amidst smiles, giggles and laughter, 

That’s when you were creeping inside us to slaughter. 


To learn a positive news is always a glee, 

But this time, the word ‘positive’ silenced me. 


Masked men and women rushed me to put an ounce of air in my body, 

By then, you were swaying with joy to take over me and I was completely tardy. 


A room without sunlight and away from my family I lie, 

Fighting for my life and death with a tearful eye. 


Caged away from my clan I suffer in silence, 

I plead to talk to them and beg for a glance. 


Numerous wires, tubes and pricks yet numb, 

Angels in disguise try to revive me and did not let me succumb. 


For the efforts of so many magical hands and silent prayers, I fought you, 

This is my justice to show the world that solid trust and faith can chew you. 


All said and done you are really not defeated, you have just moved away from me, 

Lurking in every corner to knock somebody else’s life down the radar, 

Be vigilant, the invisible craves for the beeps of the monitor and the high swung meters of the ventilator.


Ranjana...


PS: A huge shout out to all the doctors, nurses and the support staff of Sagar Hospital Banashankri for bringing back my dad to life, heartfelt thanks to the doctors who connected virtually, big hug to friends and fam who never left our side. This post is dedicated to many such warriors who brave their lives to save others. 

Forever indebted.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.